20 November 2011

The Proposal

As told by Megan:
It started like any other normal day. I woke up and got ready for work, headed to the salon for my first appointment. The first thing my client tells me is that her husband passed away and she needed her hair done for the viewing. That immediately put the pressure on. I cut her hair and then started styling. Let’s just say, doing old ladies hair is not my forte! I was struggling to understand what she wanted and to make her happy. Just when I was starting to feel the anxiety, Eric showed up at the salon and saved the day. I knew he was coming, the plan was for him to get his hair cut and go to lunch. We got in the car and he told me there was a Geocache around the area that he wanted to take me to first.
So we headed up to one of our spots called Battle Creek Falls, where the Geochache supposedly was. We walked around and couldn’t find anything. I had no idea what was going on, I was still thinking about the lady at the salon. We stopped to hug and then he dropped down to one knee! I thought he was just joking around with me. I kept saying, what are you doing? Are you serious? Then he told me he had talked to my dad for permission to marry me that morning. He reached in his pocket and pulled out a little box. Then I saw a ring and began to realize he was not joking. He said he had gotten a temporary ring until we got the one I had picked out previously. Then he asked with his eyes a little watery, “Megan, will you marry me?” I put my hands over my mouth and started jumping up and down. He was still on his knee waiting for the answer, and I yelled out, “yes!” I was so surprised and so happy! He completely caught me off guard but I knew I wanted to marry him! It just felt so right and he just held me for a little while. We went back to the car and he had 18 roses waiting for me. Then we had to call our parents and tell them the good news. We headed to Salt Lake and had a nice lunch at The Cheesecake Factory. I couldn’t stop smiling the whole way there and it continued the rest of the day.
When we came back we had a lot more phone calls to make and a lot of planning to do. It ended up being an exciting day and one I will remember forever. I am so happy and couldn’t have asked for anything better. Everything has fallen into place at the right time for us. I’m glad to be moving forward with our relationship. I can’t wait to spend the rest of my life and eternity with him.

I love you Eric Jemison!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting your proposal. Eric has changed since meeting you, for the better :) I look forward to getting to know you better. I am excited to be gaining a beautiful (inside and out) daughter (in-law).

    ~Cheryl (mother-in-law to be)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that my mom added (inside and out) :) love this story from your perspective. You're gonna be a Jemison! There's hope to keep the name alive!

    ReplyDelete